Prescription Ordering Direct (POD)
The NHS prescription ordering direct (POD) service is an easy way for you to order your repeat prescription online, by telephone or text.
The NHS POD is operated by NHS Norfolk and Waveney ICB and has dedicated handlers, trained to take requests for repeat prescriptions. If you are a patient registered with this practice you can contact the NHS POD to order your repeat medication.
To allow a representative to order repeat medication on your behalf via the POD, please complete the Third Party Consent – NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) form and return to your GP practice for addition to your records.
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- We ask patients to order their prescription when they have 10 days of medication left
- If you have a build-up of medication, please let the POD know, so that they can adjust the quantities so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order ‘just in case’. If you need medication in the future then you will be able to request it
- Let the POD know if you have stopped taking any of your medication
Please visit www.nwccgpod.co.uk and complete the electronic form to order your repeat medication.
Telephone lines are open between 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and bank holidays).